Friday, October 16, 2009

Budget Car & Truck Rental in London Ontario. You are now on my shitlist.

No time like the present to start a shitlist and the first entry is going to Budget Car & Truck Rental in London, Ontario. I also hope owner Russ Urlin gives this a good read.

Me, my wife and our roommate rented a car for the the Thanksgiving weekend to go see some of the local sites and enjoy some turkey dinner. Car was nice, brand new Toyota Yaris with only 10km on it. So weekend was great and we returned the car at the time and date the contract indicated. We drove about 540km the entire weekend before we returned it.

Couple days go by, they were closed on the day we returned the vehicle and we deposited the keys in the return slot, we get the bill.

It is a little fishy, they billed us for another day and then tacked on around 200 more kilometers. My wife contacted them when she looked at the bill to get it corrected. Once we were able to show, based on the written contract the return date, the clerk did remove the extra day. She also emailed us a copy of their contract. My wife was then transferred to the owner/manager Russ Urlin. This guy was was extremely rude to my wife and later to me. He lied to me and told me that the mileage cost was for only 6 dollars, when I asked him to double check for me on his contract, I didn't know my wife had a copy at this point, he refused and after asking politely a few more times he hung up on me.

He also told my wife that they never make mistakes.

I did file a complaint with the BBB and here is the contact information they provide on their site:

Name: BUDGET CAR & TRUCK RENTALS
Phone: (519) 433-1701
Fax: (519) 645-6473
Address: 519 York Street

London, ON N6B 1R4
Original Business Start Date: January 1967
Principal: Russ Urlin, Owner
Customer Contact: Russ Urlin, Owner
Type of Business: Auto Renting & Leasing
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

Their grade with the BBB is F. Never ever rent from this Budget location.

No comments:

Post a Comment